Luke Harriss (Vocals), Kyal Franklin (Guitar), Daniel Belic (Guitar) and Luke Gallows (Drums).
2. How did She Cries Wolf form/start?
We formed in 2014, Kyal and I (Luke) were catching up at a party and were drinking/talking about bands that we love. Through this mutual interest we decided to start a band together, after many years of admiring one another artistically.
3. How would you describe your music for people who haven’t listened?
Melodic Metalcore band.
4. What’s the inspiration behind the new album Liar?
The whole band and many people around us that we love have faced some very harsh realities recently. Not all bad, but challenging none the less. We did notice a strong defining theme of the “Liar” throughout these experiences.
5. Do you have a favorite song or line off the new album?
Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with the song “Pine”, which was written about witnessing the fallout of the suicide of my father in-law. It is a difficult song to revisit. The line from that song, “I felt her loss pass through me, the pain of his suffering soon followed” stands out as a favourite.
6. What was the writing process like for the album?
Long haha. We didn’t take any shortcuts or leave anything we weren’t happy with on the album. We wrote 35 songs for the album over the year and half we spent writing. These were reworked and meditated on tirelessly into the 11 songs that featured on the album. In terms of the final recording, we did this over 2 months part-time with Cory Judd. It was very easy, due to the amount of preparation that went in. Mixing and mastering was much the same, very seamless.
7. What tours do you have planned?
We have our Liar Australian Tour announced, which tickets are selling really well for. We are looking to do a more extensive regional tour later in the year.
8. Do you have a favorite show that you’ve played or a favorite tour moment?
Our first time playing Mackay in QLD was an incredible experience. We had zero expectations and were blown away with the crowd response and turnout. It was amazing to feel so at home, so far from home. In terms of a favourite tour moment; first one that comes to mind is staying in a hostel in Bundaberg. The venue had provided the accommodation and full access to the bar free of charge. Safe to say we got very drunk and had a lot of fun with some international backpackers. At one point we were all singing Backstreet Boys in our underwear, I did a solo part jumping on a bed at one point. It’s all a bit hazy haha.
9. What music do you all listen to when you’re not playing?
We all have a mutual love and respect for the band “AFI”. Each of us listen to various bands and artists from a variety of genres. It really inspires us within our own creativity, I believe.
10. If you could play a show with any 4 bands current or from the past which would you choose?
11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your lives what would it be?
12. Anything else you all want to say to people?
Thank you so much for all of your ongoing support. We really appreciate it.
13. Where can people follow/listen to She Cries Wolf?